Monday, February 14, 2011

feliz día del amor y amistad!

Happy Valentine's Day from Ecuador! Yes, they do celebrate it here. And very well, I might add. I can't even count the number of girls I saw around campus today with either flowers or chocolates from their novios. We celebrated by going out to get Mexican food with a couple of Alice Ann's friends that are in town for a bit. I got home and had a second dinner with my family -- Domino's pizza and salad by candlelight. Love it. They also enjoyed the box of chocolates I got them. :)

Overall, the weekend spent in Quito was great! (save for the robbery) Last night, some of us went to go see "Black Swan," or "Cisne Negro," at the movie theater. Yeah, that was pretty intense.

Also, exciting news -- I finally decided on my summer plans. After a lot of prayer, I decided that God was leading me to spend the summer in Chapel Hill. I was up for a final interview for an internship in Colorado Springs, but time after time, I just felt the Lord leading me to Chapel Hill. Which is funny, because if you asked me in November, it's the LAST place I wanted to be this summer. But I plan on taking a couple of summer school classes, working, possibly doing an internship in the area, volunteering/using my Spanish, and just enjoying the summer! Of course, no summer of mine is complete without a trip to Mexico, so Jake and I are going to spend two and a half weeks there right after I get back from Quito. Couldn't be more excited!

"You were faithful before, You'll be faithful again . . . God, Your love is enough. I will follow You."

No comments:

Post a Comment