Tuesday, March 1, 2011

being sick is no fun

Well, I just finished off my first pack of Halls cough drops. I must say, my bedside table looks pretty pitiful. There's an empty tea cup (which used to hold my honey/lime tea that I already polished off), tissues, cough drop wrappers, and another pack of Halls, just waiting to be demolished.

To add on to this wonderful night, I'm also studying for the first midterm that I'm actually worried(ish) about. It's Latin American Colonial Art History. Why, you might ask, are you taking that class? Yes, I ask myself the same thing every Tuesday and Thursday at 2:30pm. And I'm asking myself that now, as I study about 70 works of "art," which range from cathedrals to portraits to random drawings that look like primitive cartoons. I took art history freshman year, and it was probably my least favorite class that semester. So I'm really wondering why I decided to take another class just like it here...in Spanish.

Just a couple of examples of what I have to know by Thursday...

Procesión de Corpus Christi, siglo XVII
San Agustín de Acolman (vista general), siglo XVI
Well, at least it'll be over on Thursday, and then I'll be headed to the beach for 5 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment