Wednesday, April 13, 2011

the homestretch

Writing from the Mister Bagel café in Quito. Ashley & I came here to enjoy their delicious bagels (my chocolate chip one with honey & nut cream cheese was to die for) and to prepare our art presentations that we have to give next week.

It's kind of crazy how soon I'll be leaving. I think it seems sooner because I have every single weekend from now until then planned out. This weekend (actually starting tonight) will be another weekend in our beloved beach of Canoa. Next week, we have 3 days of school before spring break starts! Next week is also Semana Santa (Holy Week), so there will be parades and good food to eat in Quito next weekend. My friend Shannon and I are planning a day trip for next week to Tena, where there is apparently the best rafting in Ecuador. And the next Tuesday (the one after Easter), we're headed to the Galápagos for four days! When we get back, we'll have one more weekend in Quito before our last week of classes at USFQ. And that Friday, my sister arrives here! We're planning on going to Canoa (of course), Baños, and spending time in Quito. She leaves the 14th, and I'll be headed back the day after. Loco.

In the midst of all that, I actually do have some schoolwork to do, including final exams, final papers, and presentations, all of which I should be working on now instead of writing this. Back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment