Friday, May 6, 2011

la última

This week was the last week of classes/exams at USFQ, and it was the last week that most of my friends and I are all together. Three of my best friends here head out to Argentina tonight, but around the same time, my sister arrives in Quito!

Even though we were "swamped" with tons of "studying" this week, we managed to celebrate our last week in Quito together.

On Tuesday, my lit professor had a Cuban lunch and viewing of the movie "Fresa y Chocolate" at his house in Cumbayá. Our class went over, ate some really great food, and chilled at his beautiful house.

Delicious Cuban food

Wednesday was the last ladies night at Bungalow and the last salsa night at Aguijon. It was pretty sad, but it also made us realize how lucky we were to have met each other this semester.

triplethreat.
Rosa & Maya, who live on the West Coast :(
Thursday was the last day of classes, so we took some pictures on campus to commemorate our last semester.

Rosa, Liz, & I
Cutest couple in Ecuador

Thursday night, we celebrated being done with all of our classes with a Mexican dinner at a restaurant in La Mariscal called Red Hot Chili Peppers. Delicious. Then, we went to go see one last movie at Cinemark, and we lucked out because it was ladies night, and we got tickets for $2.20! We saw "Water for Elephants," which I highly recommend to everyone. It was excellent.

The guys thought it was a chick flick.

Today, we had one last lunch all together at Alice Ann's grandma's café.


I really was blessed to have met all of these friends this semester. I can't imagine these past 4 1/2 months without them!

No comments:

Post a Comment