Saturday, January 1, 2011

If our God is for us, then who could ever stop us?

"If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all -- how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?"
- Romans 8:31-32

Happy New Year! ¡Feliz Año!

This winter break, I've been incredibly blessed to spend some really great time with my family and friends as I count down the days to my departure to Quito, Ecuador.

Last night, I brought in the New Year praying with a thousand fellow college students in Greensboro. It was the culmination of a conference called Encounter, where we attended sessions and seminars and participated in some awesome worship. Although I can admit that at times it was difficult to focus (Quito's been on my mind quite a lot lately), I really got a lot out of what was said. Last night, Richard Smith spoke on Romans 8:31. It is incredible to think, and truly grasp, that NOTHING will stop the purposes of God from being fulfilled in our lives.

And what a sweeter way to ring in the New Year than by giving it up to the Lord and then praising him in song with a ton of students?

Countdown: 3 DAYS!

No comments:

Post a Comment