Wednesday, January 19, 2011

loving life

After many hours Googling and hooking up cables and wires, I finally figured out how to get wireless Internet in my room! It was my big accomplishment of last night.

Almost done with another week of class! It's crazy how time flies by. I had my first Advanced Conversation class today with a professor named Claudia who seems really cool. I still have yet to do more homework than writing a short paragraph for my lit class, so it's definitely turning out to be a much easier semester than my last one at Carolina.  Hopefully it'll stay that way!

Speaking of school, here are some pics of where I get to spend my Mondays through Thursdays...


It's pretty easy to get distracted in class when you look out the window and see mountains and palm trees. 

In other news, last night I went to Finn McCool's, an Irish pub in Mariscal. You probably don't think an Irish pub being in Ecuador, but it's actually a cool place that has a trivia night every Tuesday for (mainly) Americans. We didn't win, but it was still really fun! Tonight is another salsa dancing adventure, and this weekend....(drumroll, please).... my 21st birthday! And it just so happens that this weekend, some of us are going to Papallacta, a place a little southeast of Quito that's known for their hotsprings and spas. Apparently, it's a cool place to hang out and relax and have a good time. Oh, and it's gorgeous.

(not my picture, but I'm sure I'll have plenty to share next week)

Yup. Not a shabby place to spend your birthday, right?

2 comments:

  1. Are you going to celebrate your 21st birthday for one month, two, or until you turn 22 ?!?!? :-)
    Glad that you are having an amazing time. It's a gorgeous place!

    CP

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you now have your wireless connection so that you can start posting lots of pictures! We will miss you terribly on your birthay, but I know you'll have a wonderful weekend! Lots of love, Mom

    ReplyDelete