Friday, January 7, 2011

lluvia y sol

Today was orientation at USFQ for all of the international students that will be there this semester. I took a bus there with Lula (Lorena's mom, Ashley's host mom) -- the campus is at Cumbayá, which is about 20 minutes outside the city. The campus is absolutely beautiful. It's almost like a resort/spa type place, which trees and flowers and lakes and pagodas everywhere. It was cool learning about the university and the country of Ecuador and getting a tour of the campus.

The weather -- something that everyone asked me about before I came here. Well, I never knew for sure exactly how it was, but I am beginning to learn. Basically, you have to be prepared for anything. You leave the house, and the sun is out, and it's warm. Then, it gets chilly and starts to rain a little. And then, the sun comes back out, and it heats up again!

Last night, Ashley, Sarah, & I went out to dinner with Daniela and their friend Ramiro. We went to a place that I already forget the name of, but it had a view of the entire city lit up at night. Amazing!

Pictures are coming soon. I'm getting Internet in my room soon, which will mean I can use my own computer and upload pictures!

1 comment:

  1. Colleen, I am in Phoenix now and Grandma says she has been to Quito! Aunt Lisa sends hugs and kisses. I will give her the link to your blog. Love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete