Friday, January 28, 2011

settling in

Not much to report this week -- I feel like I've settled in quite nicely here. Ashley and I spent the week at the apartment of our pastor and his wife, taking care of their kitten while they were in Guayaquil. It's been cool living on our own for a week (I started to forget what it felt like), but the kitten is like a baby that likes to cry in the middle of the night and climb all over the bed. Tonight, we're cooking dinner for Carlos, Ramiro, Danny, and a couple others -- Ashley is making a white chocolate raspberry cheesecake as I write this. Yummm.

This weekend, I'm heading out of town again, this time to Mindo. Mindo is a really town where you can do all sorts of stuff -- rafting, horseback riding, ziplining, hiking up waterfalls, etc. There's even a chocolate factory where you can get a tour with free samples! Yes, I will be participating in that.

Everything is going really great! The workload is a breeze compared to last semester at UNC, and even though some of my classes are a little boring, the week flies by.

Chau!

No comments:

Post a Comment